Friday, September 23, 2011

Introduction

Hi my name is Rebecca, but I like to be called Becca. I'm a senior here at CWU majoring in Film and Video Studies: Production. Film and Video is my life and passion; I'm excited to get started in that field after leaving Central. Being a visual person and having a deep passion for the visual arts, I find myself enjoying all aspects of Art. I have recently found a love for Photography and showcasing abstract images through pictures. Like film, photography has allowed me to capture the images I see in my head for the world to see. I have taken a couple art classes, ceramics and drawing, here at CWU for fun and found myself to thoroughly enjoy each one of them. Though the idea of making a living through art is a fun idea, I feel that it would take away the love I have for it. So I have strictly decided that any drawing I do would be for fun and fulfill any time-holes in my day. By taking this class, I hope that I can grow to appreciate different pieces I come across; I love the ancient and medieval time periods of our culture and can't wait until this class goes underway.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca! Welcome to the class! It sounds like you are interested in all types of visual material, especially since you are majoring in film and video. I hope that this class is interesting and rewarding for you! It's great that you are starting this class with the hope to grow in appreciation for other artistic periods.

    I look forward to your posts!

    -Prof. Bowen

    ReplyDelete